[rpd] [Community-Discuss] ARIN without Owen Delong ?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Jul 17 02:06:14 UTC 2021

> On Jul 16, 2021, at 12:30 , Omo Oaiya <Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net> wrote:

>> On 16 Jul 2021, at 18:28, Daniel Yakmut via Community-Discuss <community-discuss at afrinic.net <mailto:community-discuss at afrinic.net>> wrote:

>> It is so funny when we ask such questions. It is compounding to ask why a person should consult.

>> I thought consultancy, means rendering your expertise to someone at a fee.

>> Simply

>> Daniel

> Not so funny when there is a supposed ideological mismatch. That would be more mercenary than consultant. Looking on with interest.

It must be nice if you’ve had a 100% ideological match with every employer or customer you’ve ever worked with. Most people don’t have that luxury even with their domestic partner/spouse/significant other.

There are areas where Lu and I agree and areas where we disagree. We are able to do so with mutual respect and tolerance.

It is mercenary if you compromise your ideology or your ethics or morals in order to perform duties for your client.

It is consulting if you set aside your differences and work for the client in the areas where you don’t have to do so.

I hope you can understand the difference as I have explained it here.

I assure you that I have been consulting and am not a mercenary.