[rpd] New Terms of Reference for the Policy Development Appeal Committee Published

Erick Joshua Lagon erickj.lagon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 07:14:38 UTC 2021

I would like to build up on Fernando's arguments here regarding the
composition of the Appeal Committee. Since there is a former Board
chairperson that constitutes the AC, wouldn't it be a conflict of interest
since the Board also approves the appointments? Worst case scenario, they
can indirectly influence the decisions of the AC, and make it work in their
favor. I may be assuming things here but the fact that there is no
representation for the community in the AC, makes it questionable because
only the higher-ups get the final say in the appeals that are given to
them. What about the community that works for the sake of the users? I hope
that AFRINIC clears this.

Regards,
Erick