[rpd] Report on the Draft Policy Proposal "Board Prerogatives on the PDP" (AFPUB-2020-GEN-004-DRAFT02).

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 14:34:38 UTC 2021

Hello

It is always concerning when Board doesn't ratify a proposal. We as
community spend several months elaborating, discussing the details of
proposals, authors have to present it in a PPM and Co-Chais have to
evaluate the consensus for at the end Board refuse to ratify.

While it is understandable the prerogative the Board has to not ratify
certain proposals that is never meant for them to do at their will just
because most members of the Board may not like it. Members of the Board
duty is to analyze if that proposal can bring any type of damage to the
RIR. If it doesn't bring any, even if the entire Board don't like the
proposal very much they must still ratify it.

In any way as this is a concerning scenario Board must give proper
justification about the their decision, share the legal advice that
supports their decision so author and community can adjust the newer
version where necessary.

Regards
Fernando