[rpd] Report on the Draft Policy Proposal "Board Prerogatives on the PDP" (AFPUB-2020-GEN-004-DRAFT02).

PDWG Chair dacostadarwin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:13:00 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG Members,

We refer to our report on the draft policy proposal ‘’Board Prerogatives on the PDP" (AFPUB-2020-GEN-004-DRAFT02) dated 29 June 2021 and sent to the AFRINIC Board of Directors for ratification.

We regret to inform you that the AFRINIC Board, at its meeting held on 08 July 2021, considered the report and resolved upon legal advice that the above policy proposal poses serious legal issues as regards to the rights of directors as explained in its Staff Impact Assessments dated 26 August 2020 and 4 November 2020.

Accordingly, the said policy proposal could not be ratified.

As a result, we hereby refer the policy proposal back to the RPD mailing list for discussions. The author(s) may consider amending and resubmitting their policy proposal in light of the legal issues explained above.

Kind Regards,
AFRINIC PDWG Co-chairs.