[rpd] Dissolution of Appeal Committee

Wijdane Goubi goubi.wijdane at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 09:21:48 UTC 2021

Hello,

It's exhausting to have to deal with these types of charges on a regular
basis, where numerous members who happen to agree on the same things or see
a situation from the same point of view are accused of something they are
almost certainly not.

I'll say it again: let's stop accusing people of their character, beliefs,
and values and instead take a stand and discuss the issue at hand, because
7,8, or even 100 people agreeing on something doesn't explain anything
other than the fact that the issue at hand is very important and should be
reconsidered.

In terms of the co- chair's dissolution; it simply does not make sense to
dismiss them overnight, especially because they still have appeals to deal
with. Furthermore, the CPM is open to interpretation, and it can be used
and interpreted by anyone based on their intended outcomes.

Furthermore, we are all aware and agree that the appeal committee is
reconstituted every three years, and no one has stated differently;
nonetheless, they should first deal with the appeals that are currently
pending, which makes perfect sense.

Regards,

Wijdane

Le lun. 12 juil. 2021 à 17:49, Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele <
muyiwacaleb at gmail.com> a écrit :

> [...]

> process. Also, It will be best for you to be patient for reconstitution of

> AC which is the prerogative of the board.

> Thank You.

> *Caleb Ogundele*

> On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 3:16 PM Taiwo Oye <taiwo.oyewande88 at gmail.com>

> wrote:

>> Dear all,

>> My question is what happens to the existing appeals.

>> How do we move forward on the appeal on the “transfer policy” as well as

>> the pending appeal on the “co-chairs election/ selection”.

>> This are issues that should be clearly addressed while announcing the

>> dissolve of the said committee

>> Sent from my iPhone

>> On Jul 11, 2021, at 23:53, Ibeanusi Elvis <ibeanusielvis at gmail.com>

>> wrote:

>> Hello AFRINIC Board,

>> This clearly infers to excessive abuse of power by the AFRINIC Board. I

>> am in support with the shared ideology that the Board cannot just make such

>> drastic decisions without following the full procedures as outlined in the

>> PDP.

>> The Appeal Committee still has ongoing appeals to conduct and to handle,

>> and this unanticipated, questionable dissolution by the Board shows a

>> disregard of the PDP and what it stands for.

>> Sincerely, I am not surprised by this event by the AFRINIC Board based of

>> the fact that such occurrences which had the Board wielding and utilizing

>> their power excessively and abusively has been on a repetitive mood.

>> This issue not only needs to be addressed but also, such instances should

>> not be allowed to repeat itself again.

>> Just my opinion.

>> Best regards,

>> Elvis.

>> On Jul 12, 2021, at 6:34, Mimi dy <dym5328 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hello,

>> I am quite surprised to see that AFRINIC is resorting to such drastic

>> measures, like AC dissolution, just to avoid handling a couple of appeals

>> that have been submitted. The CPM clearly states that appeals MUST be

>> considered and the matter should be investigated properly by the AC.

>> Nonetheless, instead of looking into the raised issues and providing an

>> "appropriate assessment" of the policies, AFRINIC is undoubtedly delaying/

>> refusing to investigate, which threatens the very core of this community

>> and internet governance: CONSENSUS.

>> Please keep in mind that the policies under appeal, should NOT be

>> ratified until the AC announces their assessment results.

>> Best regards,

>> Le dim. 11 juil. 2021 à 18:14, Christian Orozco <chresgoro at gmail.com> a

>> écrit :

>>> Hi Emem,

>>> Indeed! We share the same observation. This lack of action towards the

>>> complications of the dissolution is quite alarming. As time passes by with

>>> AFRINIC's failure to work on these issues, more and more users will be

>>> disadvantaged. More so, the call for transparency has been constantly

>>> growing. It should not even be a "call" (or be demanded) since transparency

>>> needs to be practiced automatically and without question. The recent

>>> decisions from the Board and the associated absence of urgency seem to

>>> contradict one of the core values of AFRINIC: *integrity*.

>>> To AFRINIC, as one of the many concerned internet users, *it is of

>>> utmost interest to hear from you addressing this crucial matter*. Thank

>>> you!

>>> Respectfully,

>>> Christian