[rpd] More confusion from Noah

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Thu Jul 8 06:07:41 UTC 2021

On 07/07/2021 19:15, Noah wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 1:06 AM Anthony Ubah <ubah.tonyiyke at gmail.com

> <mailto:ubah.tonyiyke at gmail.com>> wrote:

> AFRINIC as a non profit organisation should not place itself in

> direct competition with its members.

> Which members is AFRINIC competing with exactly?

Since the main activity of AfriNIC is to provide IP addresses to those
who need them, I can imagine that this is where there competition is.

Since we know that some members find it ok to "provide" IPs without any
connectivity services, they would probably like it if there were fewer
entities (like AfriNIC) also doing this.

Frank