[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Anthony Ubah ubah.tonyiyke at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 00:44:40 UTC 2021

Hi,

Reading through the back and forth between Noah and Owen, and the well
stated submission by Mark, it beats me that Afrinic is still interested in
moving forward with this policy. Beautiful Policy in theory, but
a potential monster in reality.

In line with Owen's argument in the preceding thread (which is still
pending address), we are all aware that these "assumptions" have teeth and
thus have a bite to it. I'll repeat my old question: "When a "staff", or
machines manned by a staff at afrinic "erroneously" caused service
disruption, *who bears the final financial brunt for the consequences of
everything that can go wrong with this policy. Afrinic? or resource owner?"*

This message from the AFRINIC Policy Liaison still conspicuously fails to
address this issue. Closing our eyes to this doesn't mean it's not there,
and definitely won't make it disappear.

This policy may be a Nice-To-Have just like tobacco, but a trip down that
slope is not as easy back up.
There is a reason some other RIRs are rejecting it, and the region needs to
know why.

*Best Regards,*

*Anthony Ubah *