[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Unaddressed queries by AFRINIC during AGMM

Mimi dy dym5328 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:29:07 UTC 2021

Hello Fernando,

Many organizations rely on IP Leasing in order to acquire number resources
quickly and affordably to meet their current and future needs. It is
totally legit, especially during the IPv4 exhaustion phase, where resource
scarcity represents a real issue for ISPs and network-holders in AFRINIC's
service area.
I find it absurd that you are arguing against IP leasing when it is a legal
and accurate way to obtain IPs. Indeed, there are some malicious
organizations out there misusing leased IPs, but that is certainly not the
case for everyone, so no need to generalize. Consequently, you cannot
really dismiss IP leasing using weak arguments as such.

Since IP leasing is very helpful to numerous entities in the period of
shortage of available IP addresses, and is certainly legal, I fail to
understand why you are advocating against it.

Best,