[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Tue Jun 15 19:12:05 UTC 2021

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021, 21:46 Job Snijders, <job at fastly.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 09:33:25PM +0300, Noah wrote:

> > So as someone who supports the policy, I say it is relevant imho and that

> > is why I was trying to understand why Job in 2019 supported the APNIC

> > version but doesn't like the same idea in the AFRINIC region thus the

> point

> > I was making on on problem statement specifically and not draft policy

> > itself.

> For the record - I did *not* support the policy proposal in 2019.

Fair enough but the APNIC community adopted it.

> I participated in the process, politely asked a few questions, did some

> data analysis to help the community understand the scope of things

> better.

Noted and I also note that the most important premise was that there is no
some automatic transition from ALLOCATED -> UNALLOCATED.
Therefore, operational wise, we expect that AFRINIC will put in place a
clear process similar to what AFRINIC has today to mitigate any possible
consequences and perhaps pick up lessons from the RIPE incident you
referred too.

A question to AFRINIC staff; absent this policy, are there resource members
whose INR have been recovered/revoked due to delayed payment and as a
consequence those routes become bogons? And what was the impact to the
resource member?

Cheers,
Noah