[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Jun 15 09:46:43 UTC 2021

From below - you stated......  "But coming back just this policy, I ask
again - we already have a ton of solutions today that would give us all
the tools and power to filter unallocated RIR space."

The less ways that are needed to achieve a goal, the less decisions (or
suites of software) you need. If you are already using ROA & RPKI - then
that solution will automatically block unallocated space, then you don't
need to use something else to do that job (e.g. Team Cymru's BGP feeds -
which I used to use). I would also have thought that what the RIR is
doing would always be the most up to date (in real time) method of
filtering unallocated RIR space.