[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sat Jun 12 18:01:03 UTC 2021

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021, 15:23 Job Snijders via RPD, <rpd at afrinic.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 01:18:39PM +0200,

> When analysing cybersecurity proposals, we have to gauge the reward/risk

> ratio, and based on my experiences so far with RPKI, this policy does

> not look good. We should not create a situation where the consequences

> of small errors are amplified into internet-wide outages.

> Kind regards,

> Job

> [1]:

> https://www.ripe.net/support/service-announcements/rpki-roas-deleted-for-some-legacy-resources

Hi Job

>From the link above..... I read

‐--------

Update at 17:00 (UTC +1): The resources are certifiable in the Registry
again. We are currently recreating the deleted ROAs.

Update at 17:10 (UTC+1): The deleted ROAs have been recreated and the issue
has been resolved. If you experience any further issues, please contact
our.....

While this was resolved within 10mins, were there measures put in place by
the NCC as mitigation process to curb a repeat of the incident?

What can be done better in terms of implementation process. Should it
involved an approval process that goes beyond a single warm-body, some sort
of Change Management Process that takes consideration Org
governance/Management.

Just curious....

Noah