[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Mimi dy dym5328 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:42:06 UTC 2021

Dear WG,

I think the issue here is ideological. Many people believe that RIRs are
mere bookkeepers, and it is not in their mandate to inject data into the
routing database. That is the reason why RIPE did not approve a similar
proposal, which I totally agree with. Moreover, I wanted to react to
Jordi’s statement, saying that these objections are based on practical and
technical matters. There is not only one routing database, there are many,
isn’t it kind of messy? And that is not even the main reason why I object
to this policy.

>From another perspective, since people can adjust and control their

routers, can you precise how this policy can potentially prevent/ reduce
hijacking?

Best.