[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Sun Jun 6 18:38:27 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have 2 recommendations for you.

On 06/06/2021 20:38, Anthony Ubah wrote:

> Hello Frank,

> I'm sure you agree with me that the gray area exists, and also that

> Legal and the Afrinic assessment committee failed to highlight this risk

> resource owners are being exposed to.

> There should be clear understanding of risks and implications, with a

> signed mutual legal agreement between the Afrinic and the resource

> holders before this policy is imposed on them(Network operators).

1. please do not turn on validation in your routers!
2. please don't even try to operate routers yourself.
Bonus: consider a carrier in the legal profession.

For *us*(network operators) it is very telling that you used these words:
"them(Network operators)"
no. I'm actually not interested in your "explanation", don't bother.

> An additional risk to consider about inviting RIRs into routing process

Chairs: I really don't have any patience any more for this phrase.
I don't know how often we have to hear/read the same.

> is the possibility of malicious targeted "errors" which can be

> perpetrated by compromised members of staff.

> How can such acts be put on check, and criminalized?

Easy: The parliament of Mauritius.

But I believe that it is outside the scope of the PDP.

Frank