[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Anthony Ubah ubah.tonyiyke at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 15:46:54 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

Regarding this policy, I didn't throw my weight on it for one reason. There
is a gray area which requires clarity and may turn around to hunt
service providers and resource owner in the long run.
I directed a question to the Legal team at the hearing of this policy,
multiple times, and it was inexplicably ignored by Jordi, the Co-chairs and
perhaps the legal team, and I still sought clarity on it.

My question remains; In a situation where, due to human or machine error
AS0 is injected by AFRINIC on already assigned resources, and expectedly
this result in service disconnection, thus DOS, causing an SLA breach with
service end users. *Who bears the final brunt for the consequences
(e.g.poor QoS, fines, revenue cut, and loss of customers), Afrinic or
resource owner?*

I still insist this policy isn't ripe, because;
1. The Legal team must include this on the impact assessment, clearly
stating responsibility for liability.
2. The policy must include text stating these policies and mitigation plans.
3. Since it has become a trend to follow other RIRs, why do you think most
have rejected this policy so far?
4. How did the RIRs who have adopted this policy tackled this scenario
legally?

*Best Regards,*

*Anthony Ubah *