[rpd] PDWG Co-chairs Update to the Community (#1).

Gregoire EHOUMI gregoire.ehoumi at yahoo.fr
Thu May 13 14:09:31 UTC 2021

> On May 7, 2021, at 6:02 AM, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> Hi PDWG

> Thanks Arnaud for summarizing rfc7282 and pointing to what we shall be doing regarding policy discussions.

> While achieving rough consensus as described here may look as a difficult exercise, I think that some elements can make the journey practical:

> 1. Clear definition of problem statement.

A clear definition of problem statement which relevance must be in accordance to the scope of the PDP and within the interest of AFRINIC community, is important.

It is a basis of a good discussion which allows a quick and easy determination of the status of a proposal.

An adoption phase on proposal initiatives is needed so as to allow acceptance of problem being addressed.

It's a very good thing that the cochairs subscribe to RFC7282.

The points above coupled with good WG procedures and practices will definitely make big difference.

I am anxious to experience the new PDPWG

-- Gregoire