[rpd] Selection of PDP co-chairs - Secretariat recap & lessons learnt - English

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Tue Apr 13 07:17:33 UTC 2021

Dear AFRINIC Policy Liaison,

Thank you for your email, however I am surprised by your lack of honesty,
sincerity and attempt to colour the face of the public with some of the
content of your supposed "recap and lesson learnt". Is this a recap or
another attempt to justify the actions of some people?.

I believe any AFRINIC staff and particularly the PDWG liaison officer are
paid to provide an objective and unbiased opinion however durring my time
as Co- chair and in recent days I have seen a high level of bias and an
attempt to swing things in a particular direction by some AFRINIC staff.

Whenever we take actions as Co-chairs that you in a way disagree with you
find a way to always ask us for precidence or more justification which I
have always dig the archives for and I always provide precidence to you and
justified all my actions even when I feel it's not needed.

I hope you would also justify and provide precedence to all these your
actions in recent days while acting as the secretariat.

You clearly have valid objections to your actions yet to went ahead to
fully implement them. I wonder what you call this? I remember one of your
arguments to us then that if a process is being challenged you have to stop
and take no further actions. Yes, I disagreed with you then but I was
thinking you would do same now.

More importantly in your summary you mentioned consensus in the choice of
your self appointed Co-chairs. BECAUSE we clearly have numerous emails
saying that they disagree and you still called it a consensus choice in
your 'recap'. In fact you made no attempt to make a meaningful reference to
those objections. I wonder what your definition of consensus is?. Then you
always ask that we include objections in our summary which we always do cos
it was the right thing to do. Even dou, what we judged then was not a
consensus but rough concensus.

While I disagree with any fake registrations on the mailing list, I am
surprised that you are attempting to link the surge with some
announcements on the mailing list. Do you consider any other reason? Even
if the IPs is from one household. How many household have you ever seen
only one person living there or is it now a crime for multiple people in an
household to join the mailing list?. I just don't understand your arguments
here. You even went further to even link an email with an opinion. What
are you trying to do here? This to me seams like an attempt to help some
people to manipulate the situation in there favour and this is not your job
in anyway. This I/we clearly observed when I was co-chair and I mentioned
it to you on few occasions directly or via email.

Finally, below is the content of my email to you please tell me where I
mention that my CV was shared "without my permission"
I made it clear that I prepared the CV and gave it out the CV, only that I
wasn't told that it was meant for the AFRINIC Co-chair position. The CV
was tailored for something else in mind. CV's are tailored towards a
particular position to show competence in an area specific to that
position.
You should have used my exact wordings to avoid this type of situation
and avoid anyone taking offence.
I believe and see this as a deliberate to embarrass me and those who
nominated me hence I need to point it out clearly

Dear Secretariat,
I thank those who nominated without consulting me properly, but the
attached CV was prepared by me having something else in mind as I was never
told it was meant for AFRINIC co-chair position.
I have consulted those who nominated me and I have also rejected the
nomination,therefore I would be glad if my CV and picture and any other
information is complete taken down from the public galary

My humble advice is that Policy Liaison Officers should totally avoid being
biased and stay professional. It is not your job to judge people you are to
only state facts and you need to state the fact as it was without any
opinion and allow the community to decide. You can also be part of the
community but don't do that as AFRINIC staff. It is a clear abuse.
I hope that now that we have two people working in this role things
would get better.

Thanks

Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin
<http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/bulletin> UGPortal