[rpd] Policy Development Working Group co-Chairs selection

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Mon Apr 12 13:49:38 UTC 2021

Hi Daniel

I have never presumed anyone is stupid. I am a Christian and no human
created by the Almight God is stupid, but some can be foolish and have seen
enough foolishness going on herein. Like your name sake Daniel submitted
the other day, this is the RPD list and the PDWG and not Facebook or
Twitter.

Let us call a spade a spade and I will not bullshit around..... the
selected co-Chairs can moderate me if I have crossed the line but we can't
continue playing games and wasting each other's time as working group
participants.

We all agreed to the timelines the secretariat shared with this WG in terms
of selecting new co-chairs, criteria were deliberated and we were all
involved including some of the candidates that applied to be considered for
the role.

1. Some candidates like Antony and Widjane were disqualified after their
own nominators in their initial application declined the nomination. This
is a serious concern imho because nominators must be folks known to a
person. Those applications had motivations written, obviously not by the
nominator but someone else therefore they are forgeries. A resource member
then attempted to re-nominate both of them days past the deadline. Both
ought to take some lessons and the needed experience going forward.

2. There was another nomination that the nominee declined, that is, our
former co-chair Abdulkarim. The brother indicated that he would be very
busy attending to other things in the coming days and months....hence
dropped out of the race.

3. Then there was Elvis, who lacked a resource member to second his
nomination. The brothers CV speaks louder as he literally lacks the
experience and required technical knowledge based on his own CV to manage
this PDWG. The PDWG and its PDP focus on Internet Number Resources policies
and not liberal arts, language and political science. I refer you to his CV
specifically the experience section.

4. In the past days and weeks, the PDWG across the board participated in
selecting new co-Chairs in line with the timelines that the
secretariat indicated, so that we can have managers to lead the PPM in the
coming months. Considering 1., 2., and .3, above, most participants settled
for Vincent and Darwin whose nominators and seconders are resource members
and confirmed to have nominated and seconded them.

You claim you are trying to correct misnomers, and among those corrections
is to have the WG spend a great deal of its time with another co-Chair
selection after the conclusion of an open, transparent selection process
that has had this WG spend weeks working on acceptable criteria,
guidelines, the nominations and eventually the consensus based selection
process.

I have listened to you and am suggesting that, If anything, we are all
taking lessons and we shall improve the process through this very avenue of
the PDP but let's stop with the nonsense.

Cheers,
Noah