[rpd] Call for interest for PDWG chairs closed & Way forward

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Apr 9 07:41:27 UTC 2021

Hi Owen,

I don’t think there is such conflict of interest in a so simple proposal and I don’t think the PDP allows to have interim chairs for that, unless we play “tricks” such as calling for a separate meeting just for this proposal and having the recently elected chairs “unable to attend this meeting” (last paragraph of 3.3), so then we can appoint interim cochairs for that meeting. However, that clashes with 3.6, because even if doesn't clearly stated that, it is meant for reaching consensus only in the list and then presenting it at the next meeting. Having all that in mind we may be too tight in timing for doing all this complex “trick”.

Conflict resolution will be if the elected co-chairs are the ones presenting *that* policy proposal or even suggesting it, which has not been the case.

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet

El 9/4/21 1:25, "Owen DeLong via RPD" <rpd at afrinic.net> escribió:

I would thus like to make two proposals.

1. We select the two candidates as above, in my opinion with Vincent in the two-year tenure and Darwin in the one year tenure. By consensus if possible.

I have no opinion on this one way or the other. Since it seems to have general support of the community, I have no opposition to this proposal.

2. Given that the next meeting is two months from now, I would like to propose that we measure these tenures as from "this year" such that the effective tenures will be one and two years respectively from now, and not "puppet" and "one year" effectively.

I am no more eager than anyone else to repeat this process in two months. However, making this change to the tenure at this time is premature

and outside the rules. Once we have co-chairs, a simple call for community consensus to extend their terms under section 3.6 seems like the

expedient process. However, I will point out that since such a call would create a conflict of interest for the co-chairs in question, we would need

to seek alternate co-chairs to evaluate the consensus of the community around doing so. There are provisions for this in the CPM IIRC, and we

can appoint interim chairs at the meeting to handle this particular matter.

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company