[rpd] Call for interest for PDWG chairs closed & Way forward

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu Apr 8 17:56:05 UTC 2021

I really, really like this idea - especially the consensus part... and
also as it seems we only have two truly suitable candidates.

/1.  We select the two candidates as above, in my opinion with
Vincent in the two-year tenure and Darwin in the one year tenure.
By consensus if possible./

I have individually asked both Vincent and Darwin whether they would be
agreeable to this and they both stated *Yes *as per above.
**

/        2.  Given that the next meeting is two months from now, I would
like to propose that we measure these
        tenures as from "this year" such that the effective tenures
will be one and two years respectively from now,.../
//

I also agree with this - I don't want a repeat of all this in two months
time.

I don't expect full consensus - I honestly expect between 4 and 10
people to say No, and to repeat that several times. I would though love
to see masses of support for this. This will save quite a bit of time
(and money).. and allow us all to proceed fairly quickly with new
Co-Chairs - and back to a level of sanity!

Please can we sort this out by *Reasonable Consensus!*