[rpd] Call for interest for PDWG chairs closed & Way forward

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Tue Apr 6 13:08:10 UTC 2021

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:25 PM Daniel Yakmut via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net>
wrote:

> Dear Fernando,

> I have asked this question then but it was not ateanded to you. I had

> wanted we select or elect new co-chairs to start fresh terms, but the

> community was fixated on completing the terms of co-chairs whose tenures

> have been terminated by the recall. Unfortunately, we can not change the

> rules now, that should have been done before we commenced the current

> process.

> So at the next AIS meeting (in June, 2021) we have to elect a new

> co-chair to start a fresh two year tenure.

The WG can as well agree like in Darkar that the person selected for a
shorter time, serves a whole year as Fernando suggested rather than 2
months which won't make sense.

Lets first get co-chairs then we can agree as a WG on how long they serve
since the CPM allows the process to be varied.

In june most of us want to focus on policy work with *qualified* WG
managers, not another selection.

Noah