[rpd] Call for interest for PDWG chairs closed & Way forward

Daniel Yakmut yakmutd at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 6 11:01:41 UTC 2021

These are after thought criteria, So it can't be applicable. By the way
where is this stated in our books?

Cheers

Daniel

On 06/04/2021 11:42 am, Murungi Daniel wrote:

> Dear Yakmut,

> I agree with Jodi on item 4, any candidates who have co-authored

> policies that are still under discussion or appeal should be

> disqualified on the basis of conflicting interests. If the candidate

> in question were a Co-Chair and had their policy passed, it would be

> impossible for the community to determine whether the decision was

> unbiased or self serving.

> Regarding item 1, the candidate who faked nominator information should

> be immediately disqualified as they have proven their lack of

> integrity and shown blatant disrespect for the community at large.

> Regards,

> Murungi Daniel

>> On 6 Apr 2021, at 1:06 PM, Daniel Yakmut via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net

>> <mailto:rpd at afrinic.net>> wrote:

>> Dear Jordi,

>> I disagree with you on the candidate that has a policy in discussion

>> to be disqualified. That is a n-no, rather the candidate should

>> provide a statement of withdrawing is authorship of the policy and

>> that should suffice.

>> on item 3, the failing is coming from the Secretariat, and they are

>> the ones drawing our attention to it. So I want to believe they have

>> done well here.

>> Aside the above, If others are proven to correct as per your

>> comments, then I also agree that such candidates stand disqualified.

>> Simply

>> Daniel

>> On 05/04/2021 9:16 pm, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> I’ve several issues on this email and also looking into the data

>>> provided by the candidates in their CVs.

>>> 1. If I understood correctly, one of the candidates used fake data

>>> for his nominator. If that’s true, that is clearly a

>>> disqualifying factor, not only because there is no a member

>>> support, but also because we can’t trust on anyone providing

>>> fake data.

>>> 2. Has the staff verified all the nominators so this is not

>>> happening in other cases?

>>> 3. I fail to see how the form has worked fine for several days, and

>>> then didn’t worked on the last date. Can you provide the logs of

>>> the server and email server to verify that fact in a 100%

>>> trustable way?

>>> 4. I see at least one candidate with a policy still in discussion,

>>> under appeal, so that should disqualify that nomination.

>>> 5. I see a couple of candidates which doesn’t have any experience

>>> in network operations or anything similar, so that would also

>>> disqualify them?

>>> I don’t think we need to wait for the NomCom, because this can be

>>> very easily done by the secretariat, at least some of the points are

>>> totally neutral and transparent, such as the verification of the

>>> nominators, the verification of the form failure, verification of

>>> the data provided in the CVs, etc.

>>> This will allow to move on at least a couple of days in case the

>>> NomCom need to take a decision of who is qualified to run or not.

>>> Regards,

>>> Jordi

>>> escribió:

>>> [Français en bas]

>>> Dear PDWG,

>>> The Call of Interest for the PDWG Co-Chairs Selection pursuant to

>>> Section 3.3 of CPM is now closed.

>>> *1.**_List of nominees_***

>>> AFRINIC is in receipt of  six (6) nominations which are as follows :-

>>> 1.Wijdane Goubi from Morocco, Country of Residence: Morocco

>>> 2. Anthony Ikechukwu Ubah from Nigeria, Country of Residence: Canada

>>> 3. Vincent Ngundi from Kenya, Country of Residence: Kenya

>>> 4. Abdulkarim Oloyede from Nigeria, Country of Residence: Nigeria

>>> 5. Darwin Da Costa from Angola, Country of Residence: Angola

>>> 6. Ibeanusi Elvis from Nigeria, Country of Residence: Japan

>>> 2.*_Additional elements_*

>>> a.Nominee - Ibeanusi Elvis

>>> This nomination which was received as a self-nomination appeared to

>>> have been made later than the deadline. This was due to a back-end

>>> issue on self-nomination forms that was addressed during the day

>>> today. We confirm that the nomination has been posted on the system

>>> within the deadline.

>>> b.Nominee - Widjane Goubi

>>> In regard to  the nominee,  Wijdane Goubi, kindly note that on the

>>> 5th of April 2021, AFRINIC has been informed by an email sent from

>>> the designated nominator on the nomination paper that the latter

>>> never provided its support to the said nomination.  He has therefore

>>> requested AFRINIC to delete all its associated personal data in

>>> connection thereof. In this respect, and  to comply with the

>>> Mauritian Data Protection Act 2017, AFRINIC has a duty to cause such

>>> deletion forthwith and you are accordingly informed of the same. “

>>> *_3. Tenure of Office_*

>>> We would like to remind the Working Group that  as stated in Section

>>> 3.3 of the Consolidated Policy Manual, one Co-Chair  will serve a

>>> term ending by the PPM to be held in June 2021 only whereas the

>>> other will serve a term ending in June 2022.

>>> *_ 4. Next Steps_*

>>> Now that the Call for Interests is closed, the next step is for the

>>> Working Group to find consensus on the most suitable persons to

>>> replace the recalled PDWG Co-Chairs.

>>> This exercise, including the carrying out of such due diligence and

>>> shortlisting of candidates/nominees, would under normal

>>> circumstances be carried out by the Nomination Committee (NomCom).

>>> For your information, the present NomCom has indicated that they

>>> would be available to conduct such exercise only from April 8th

>>> 2021. With only 6 candidates, we will leave the decision on the best

>>> way of carrying out the due diligence and shortlisting process to

>>> the PDWG participants.

>>> We therefore request you to agree on how the Working Group would

>>> like to proceed with the selection of the 2 replacing PDWG’s Co-Chairs.

>>> Kind Regards

>>> Policy Liaison Team

>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> Cher PDWG,

>>> L'appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la sélection des coprésidents

>>> du PDWG conformément à la section 3.3 de la CPM est désormais terminé.

>>> *1.**Liste des nominés*

>>> AFRINIC a reçu six (6) candidatures qui sont les suivantes :

>>> 1.Wijdane Goubi du Maroc, Pays de résidence : Maroc

>>> 2. Anthony Ikechukwu Ubah du Nigeria, Pays de résidence : Canada

>>> 3. Vincent Ngundi du Kenya, Pays de résidence : Kenya

>>> 4. Abdulkarim Oloyede du Nigeria, Pays de résidence : Nigeria

>>> 5. Darwin Da Costa de l'Angola, Pays de résidence : Angola

>>> 6. Ibeanusi Elvis du Nigeria, Pays de résidence : Japon

>>> *2. Éléments supplémentaires*

>>> a.Candidat - Ibeanusi Elvis

>>> Cette nomination, qui a été reçue en tant qu'auto-nomination,

>>> semblait avoir été faite au-delà de la date limite. Cela était dû à

>>> un problème de back-end sur les formulaires d'auto-nomination qui a

>>> été résolu aujourd'hui dans la journée. Nous confirmons que la

>>> nomination a été postée dans le système dans les délais impartis.

>>> b.Candidat - Widjane Goubi

>>> En ce qui concerne la candidate, Wijdane Goubi, veuillez noter que

>>> le 5 avril 2021, l'AFRINIC a été informée par un courriel envoyé par

>>> son prétendu nominateur que ce dernier n'a jamais apporté son

>>> soutien à ladite candidature. Il  a donc demandé à l'AFRINIC de

>>> supprimer toutes les données personnelles associées à cette

>>> candidature. À cet égard, et pour se conformer à la loi mauricienne

>>> facebook.com/afrinic <http://facebook.com/afrinic> |flickr.com/afrinic <http://flickr.com/afrinic> |youtube.com/afrinicmedia <http://youtube.com/afrinicmedia>

>>> http://www.theipv6company.com