[rpd] Response to the questions about the Appeal Committee

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:14:52 UTC 2021

Hello

Keep things simple in this case means not disputing the interpretation
of the legal adviser which is not an option given the current situation
and the multiple concerns that have been raised.

By the explanation below "in the absence of the minimum number of
members required" the legal adviser believes there must always be all
members in the committee in order for it to take a decision. I would
like to understand what analogy he/she used from any legal system to
conclude that. While some people may consider that in the absence of a
clear provision the committee may decide by any number of its members by
majority.

In any case I reinforce the request that once a new ToR moves forward to
be approved and published by the Board it is made available to this PDWG
for final comments, in order to all possible situations can be clarified
avoiding any further confusion in the future. Thanks for sharing the
Board meeting minutes. 202006.13 in that case mentions a public
consultation for a new ToR for a month but that doesn't necessarily mean
the candidate version may be shared with PDWG **prior** to its approval
and publishing by the Board.

Regards
Fernando