[rpd] wrong ? - Re: Clarifications about the Appeal Committee

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Wed Mar 17 08:06:15 UTC 2021

Chair,

This e-mail from the Board chair confirms that there is something wrong at AFRINIC, this is
my personal observation.

1. There is something wrong at the AFRINIC legal team for them to issue this kind of
legal advice, if indeed they issued it to the Board

2. There is something wrong at the AFRINIC Board for them to accept and use such
advice, if indeed the Board received, discussed and resolved to use this advice this way

3. There is something wrong with the Board chair for him to accept this advice and then
write this e-mail based on it, it reflects badly on the person

However, I see one positive thing here, that the Board chair is now indicating here that he
and the Board now appreciate the need to abide by the PDP and the Appeal committee
terms of reference as these are now. It is my hope that they will follow these in their next
course of action.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda