[rpd] clarify? - (Fwd) Adhoc Appeal Committee appointment

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Mar 8 20:19:21 UTC 2021

This begs a number of questions and I think the board owes the community some answers.

I applaud Dr. Nyirenda for stepping forward and adding transparency to this process.

1. Why is a new “ad hoc” appeal committee being considered?
2. How would their role relate to the current appeal committee?
3. Why has the current appeal committee been gagged and why are they
not permitted to continue their work? This appears that the board
is violating rules that were originally set by the board without going
through the formal process of revising those rules. Can the board
please explain these actions to the community?

This isn’t about wanting a particular outcome or who I like or don’t.
This is 100% about holding the board and the organization accountable
to operating by the rules we have set forth to govern these processes.

Owen