[rpd] Criteria for Eligibility or Selection of PDWG Co-Chairs

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Feb 23 23:26:19 UTC 2021

> On Feb 20, 2021, at 7:49 AM, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Feb 2021, 10:56 Owen DeLong, <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:

> We should seek qualified co-chairs, but qualified should be in the judgment of the electorate.

> Obviously

> We should not abdicate this authority to some arbitrary group enforcing some set of subjective criteria.

> Dude....What is this group which enforcing criteria you are talking about?

Some have suggested that a committee should choose a slate of candidates based on a variety of possible criteria.

If I am unmistaken, you are among those that have made such a suggestion. One such committee that was proposed
was the nominating committee.

> I thought this was an open free forum and as such ideas and discussions are allowed the very definition of bottom up...

Yes… And some people have proposed ideas that I oppose. My expression of opposition to those ideas is not and should not
be construed as a claim that they should not express them.

To be clear, I encourage anyone to express any idea that they think is good for the community.

I will continue to do so.

I will also continue to express my dissent to ideas which I believe are bad for the community or otherwise misguided.

I will also continue to accept criticism of ideas I express.

So what is the problem?