[rpd] Resignation of Policy Development Appeal Committee member

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Fri Feb 19 05:01:13 UTC 2021

Dear Jaco,
At 10:37 PM 16-02-2021, Jaco Kroon wrote:

>Thank you. I (and I believe others) would greatly appreciate that and

>if you could please revert to us.

There was some speculation about why two Appeal Committee members
resigned. You may also seen the email which I received [1]. I
contacted the person to discuss the matter. In my opinion, it would
be good to hear all the persons involved.

As a comment about your previous email, I gather that the Policy
Development Working Group participants reviewed the information which
was published and identified any potential or actual problem.

In my opinion, it would be premature to conclude that the discussions
on this mailing list contributed to the resignations. I'll take the
opportunity to mention that the code of conduct [2] asks that a
participant states his/her opinion calmly and politely. Is that too
much to ask?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/012441.html