[rpd] Resignation of Policy Development Appeal Committee member

Jaco Kroon jaco at uls.co.za
Wed Feb 17 05:48:34 UTC 2021

Hi Mirriam

On 2021/02/16 22:54, Mirriam via RPD wrote:

> Dear Fernando,

> Are you saying women are not technically competent and lack knowledge

> of the PDP?

I believe you are mis-interpreting his words by putting your own biassed
words in his mouth.

My interpretation of what he said:  do not put a woman in a position
merely for the sake of putting a woman in a position.  Put the right
person for job (whether female or not) in the position.

And just to be clear:  I fully agree with your statement (and sentiment)
as well that it would be great to see a female in such a position,
however, not at the cost of the community.

Re the sentiment that I sense, I (and I believe most men actually) would
love for the tech world as a whole to be less male dominated - however,
it seems to draw a stronger attraction in general for men compared to women.

I also believe we're all biassed in some way or another, the trick is to
understand and respect each other's biasses, as well as our own.

Kind Regards,
Jaco