[rpd] WE NEED YOUR INPUT, MAXIMUM BY TUESDAY 16TH NOON: Decision of way forward for new (transition or elected) co-chairs

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Feb 12 08:48:16 UTC 2021

> On Feb 11, 2021, at 08:36 , Murungi Daniel <dmurungi at wia.co.tz> wrote:

> Dear Owen,

>> On Feb 11, 2021, at 5:02 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>> I am absolutely serious.

>> However, that is neither my, nor your decision to make on behalf of the community. Let the voters vote. Do you really think that

>> it is so dangerous if the voters have this choice available to them that you are unwilling to trust the electorate?

>> Owen

> If the majority of the electorate are lemmings being herded off a cliff and have no clue as to why they are voting “yes” or “no" - then Yes it is very dangerous.

I guess I have more faith in the AfriNIC community than you do.

I do not believe that the electorate is a bunch of lemmings as you claim.

Most of the electorate that I have come to know over many years participating in this process are intelligent people I respect.

I cannot deny that there are a few I would say have some lemming-like traits, but they are definitely not the majority of the community.

If the majority of the community is as bad as you say, then I don’t think that any process for electing co-chairs or any efforts to preclude certain individuals from running will fix the situation.

Fortunately, I do not think it is as dire as you claim.

FWIW, I would not vote for the recalled chairs again and I doubt that any significant fraction of the electorate would. However, that should be up to the voters.