[rpd] WE NEED YOUR INPUT, MAXIMUM BY TUESDAY 16TH NOON: Decision of way forward for new (transition or elected) co-chairs

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Feb 11 14:02:41 UTC 2021

I am absolutely serious.

All the work the recall committee has done has been to remove them from office. That’s been accomplished.

However, neither that recall committee, nor those who called for the recall, even if combined constitute a majority of the community.

The community should have the right to decide the co-chairs. I think it unlikely they would run in the first place, but even if they do,
I think it extremely unlikely they would get a significant fraction of the vote under the circumstances.

However, that is neither my, nor your decision to make on behalf of the community. Let the voters vote. Do you really think that
it is so dangerous if the voters have this choice available to them that you are unwilling to trust the electorate?

Owen

> On Feb 11, 2021, at 05:08 , Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le jeu. 11 févr. 2021 à 12:20, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> a écrit :

>> On Feb 11, 2021, at 02:16 , Mark Elkins <mje at posix.co.za <mailto:mje at posix.co.za>> wrote:

>> I'll go with what Mike has said, that is - Option 1. I think a directive from the CEO & Chair is all that is needed and doesn't really need to wait a week for a full Board Meeting. It is on the shoulders of this community to fix the problem.

>> I think we should only allow the same people that were eligible to vote last time - which would save time. I presume that list still exists.

>> I'd like to see at least four people standing. I don't believe that the two ex-chairs should be allowed to stand (we are trying to change a bad situation). Personally, I'd like to see people standing that are resource owners - as they then have their own skin in the game - as such. No one with a policy in the current process chain should stand.

> I don’t think that they should be precluded from standing. While the recall was successful and I think that they are unlikely to receive a plurality of votes as a result, if the community votes to put them back into office, I see no reason that the community should be deprived of that option.

> t'es pas sérieux là, Owen, tu veux dire que tout le travail que le RC a fait serait inutile et que les même qu'ils viennent de démètre peuvent être encore autorisés à compétir ?

>> Most votes - person stands for remainder of two years,

>> second most votes - stands for remainder of this current year.

>> As Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> <mailto:amelnaud at gmail.com> said on 24th Dec:

>> > Is it normal that out of 2 cochairs, none is contact of a resource member?

>> > Having a cochair who runs network and serves as contact (technical) of a resource member is a big wish as previously discussed in this community.

> I don’t think it would be unreasonable to add this as an eligibility requirement through modification of the relevant PDP sections, but I don’t think we should be making it up on the fly without community discussion. There is a process for amending the eligibility requirements and we should follow it if we wish to do so.

> Owen

>> !

>> On 2/11/21 11:45 AM, Mike Silber wrote:

>>> Jaco +1

>>> Really humbling that a WG member from outside our region is the one trying to drive to consensus.

>>> Some comments inline.

>>> Mike

>>> Agree with 1.

>>> Agreed

>>> Agreed. I like the option of 4 + 3 if we can get some rough consensus on this list of some nominees. Particularly if (1) takes some time.