[rpd] PDWG situation without co-chairs

Ibeanusi Elvis ibeanusielvis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 11:12:58 UTC 2021

Dear community,

Of course we are in a strange and terrible situation, for quite sometime now a good number of us have been calling for a Recall of the Co-chairs and unsurprisingly we’ve got our requests and now people are surprised by it.
First things first, I would suggest that we wait for the Board formalities and declarations because I concur that it would assist us as the WG in taking next steps. There is no need for being in such haste right now.

Although according to the CPM Section 3.3 states that “the WG may select a replacement to serve the reminder of the term” but to the best of my knowledge, I would propose that the co-chairs should retain and maintain their positions until the next meeting elections because they were well-experienced at their works and also the co-chairs were performing greatly at their duties despite the polarized nature of the WG, they still found a balance to work and conduct their duties.

Best,
Elvis.