[rpd] Statement from Legal Counsel

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 23:55:54 UTC 2020

Just want to call Appeal Committee attention on this tentative to avoid
an appeal follow its course with a justification that doesn't apply at all.

On 17/12/2020 12:52, ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE wrote:

> <clip>

> *2.*We wish to clarify that we have already retracted our initial

> consensus (made on 21^st September 2020) in regards to the resource

> transfer policy which the appeal is against. We then gave an ample

> time of 3 weeks for the community to discuss the matter. Consequently,

> the current appeal based on passing the last call’s initial decision

> (made on 21^st September 2020) should be voidas it is invalid.

> Whereas, as for the new decision made on 16^th November 2020, we wish

> to clarify that to the best of our knowledge no appeal has been

> requested and the appeal timeframe of 2 weeks have duly elapsed.

> Therefore, it should be strongly noted that our new decision has not

> been challenged. We also gave enough notice for discussion of the

> final draft  that was posted on the making list before we arrived at a

> decision.

You wish !
That's all you have ?

The final decision (last-call confirmation) made on 07th October 2020
(https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/011630.html) was appealed
on 15th October 2020 therefore within the timeframe.
CPM 3.5.1 says "/A person who disagrees with the //*actions taken*//by
the Chair(s) ... may file an appeal/".

Any decision can be appealed, regardless if other decisions were taken
afterwards. Don't try to avoid Appeal Committee analysis with the
confusion that happened afterwards even if it was supposedly "to give it
more time to discuss".

Fernando