[rpd] Community Feedback

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 13:19:38 UTC 2020

Hi PDWG,

Hope y'all are doing well !

Le mar. 8 déc. 2020 11:46, Nishal Goburdhan <nishal at controlfreak.co.za> a
écrit :

> On 5 Dec 2020, at 10:52, Noah wrote:

> > Which is;

> > 1. Authors submit a draft to the rpd list for consideration.

> that is not *quite* the advised process. :-)

Dear Nishal,
...thanks for your useful email ;-)

> policy submissions *should* be made to policy-submission at afrinic.net.

> this is where the policy officer, and co-chairs do minor things like:

> # make sure that the language of the proposal is consistent, and suggest

> minor edits to make the policy easily readable (let’s call these

> “grammar checks”)

> # make sure that each of the authors listed actually agree to be listed

> as an author; ie. get consent

> … and other small bits of administrivia.

> *after* that is all done, an id is allocated to the proposal, and the

> proposal is meant to be published on the website, and to the policy

> discussion list (aka RPD).

> you *can* make a submission directly to RPD, but it is documented as

> _not being encouraged_. probably because we don’t want to have

> situations where binaries are posted to the mailing list. or, someone

> submits a proposal for something that isn’t the purview of this

> working group.

...having read your detailed explanation,
i'm clear enough now with the procedure
used by AFRINIC's Staff...and i
understand why a delay could occur
sometimes for a DPP [1] :'-(

> since there are a lot of new people here, the normative URL is:

> https://www.afrinic.net/policy with a really simple to follow flowchart.

Yes! a good start, thanks for the recall.
...maybe the flowchart needs an update :-/

Many thanks big brother !
__
[1]: <lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/011886.html>

Shalom,
--sb.