[rpd] Community Feedback

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at skannet.com
Thu Dec 3 15:31:11 UTC 2020

Dear Lucilla,

According to the Collins Dictionary [1], "Determine the Outcome" - The
outcome of an activity, process, or situation is the situation that
exists at the end of it.

Clearly, there is no ambiguity. the Recall Committee determines whether
the Co-Chairs stay or go.

Sunday.

1.
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/determine-the-outcome

On 12/3/20 2:18 PM, lucilla fornaro wrote:

> Dear Jaco,

> I am referring to section 3.5 of the CPM, specifically to "The recall

> committee shall investigate the circumstances of the justification for

> the recall and determine the outcome."In my opinion, CPM does not

> suggest a clear explanation on what we have to consider as the outcome

> of the appeal committee, whether the co-chairs will be removed or if

> the request will advance.

> Regards,

> Lucilla

> Il giorno gio 3 dic 2020 alle ore 21:51 Jaco Kroon <jaco at uls.co.za

> <mailto:jaco at uls.co.za>> ha scritto:

> Hi Lucilla,

> 1.  I personally never asked any author to withdraw anything.

> 2.  I believe the current wording is perfectly clear; as such:

> 3.  Could you please clarify - by way of reference to the CPM text

> - clarify what doubts (uncertainty, ambiguity) do you read in the

> text as it's written?

> 4.  I did state my support that I don't see an emergency here and

> that both the proposal and the recall process should follow the

> existing established processes.

> Kind Regards,

> Jaco

> On 2020/12/03 14:07, lucilla fornaro wrote:

>> Dear Jaco,

>> considering the contest, clearly, we are not facing any of the

>> emergencies you mentioned. Remaining closer to the purpose of the

>> discussion, the current recall process opens the door to several

>> doubts. The incompletion of the call request section is already

>> creating issues and can potentially create unfair situations that

>> in the interest of the community we should try to avoid and fix

>> in advance. The proposal can help us and there are no reasons to

>> ask the author to withdraw it.

>> Regards,

>> Lucilla

>> Il giorno gio 3 dic 2020 alle ore 06:16 Jaco Kroon

>> <jaco at uls.co.za <mailto:jaco at uls.co.za>> ha scritto:

>> Hi Lucilla,

>> Please clarify the emergency here?  Will a war break out if

>> this policy doesn't get changed sooner than the normal

>> process?  Will someone die?  What's the emergency here?

>> Kind Regards,

>> Jaco

>> On 2020/12/02 15:22, lucilla fornaro wrote:

>>> Dear Community,

>>> Section 3.6 of the CPM says: “The process outlined in this

>>> document may vary in the case of an emergency. Variance is

>>> for use when a one-time waiving of some provision of this

>>> document is required”.

>>> The author should not withdraw this important proposal for

>>> two reasons: firstly, it is valuable, and secondly, if not

>>> approved it will automatically expire.

>>> I believe this is exactly the moment for the chairs to

>>> change the process of the PDP, considering that we do find

>>> in the case of an emergency.

>>> Regards Lucilla

>>> Il giorno mer 2 dic 2020 alle ore 21:48 Ibeanusi Elvis

>>> <ibeanusielvis at gmail.com <mailto:ibeanusielvis at gmail.com>>

>>> ha scritto:

>>> Dear community,

>>> Adding to the ongoing discussion on this mailing list,

>>> besides the fact that this Request to Recall the PDWG

>>> Co-Chairs is based on personal grievances with the

>>> co-chairs and emotions, I don’t see a form of fast

>>> tracking this ongoing recall process and like the

>>> co-chairs stated, the so-called "promotion or

>>> fast-track” is of no benefit to them. They (the

>>> co-chairs) just performed their administrative function

>>> and in the principle of fairness, openness, and

>>> transparency, brought it forward to the RPD community

>>> for discussion. Likewise, the personal attack needs to

>>> stop, saying that the co-chairs are imitating the

>>> behavior of an “AFRICAN DICTATOR” whom wants to do

>>> everything they can to stay in power including adjusting

>>> the country’s constitution went too far and very

>>> disrespectful and an insult to their integrity and

>>> personality. Also, a disregard to the long hours and

>>> dedication that they have put into the service of this

>>> AFRINIC organization.

>>> Similarly, proposing a withdrawal of a draft policy

>>> proposal is not functional as the CPM 3.4.1 elucidates

>>> that first, "During the development of policy, draft

>>> versions of the document are made available for review

>>> and comment by publishing them on the AFRINIC website

>>> and posting them to the rpd at afrinic.net

>>> currently happening. Also, the same CPM 3.4.1 states

>>> that "A draft policy expires after one calendar year

>>> unless it is approved by the AFRINIC Board of Directors

>>> as a policy. Hence, the idea of suggesting a withdrawal

>>> should end as well as the personal attacks. If you have

>>> an personal issues or grievances with the co-chairs,

>>> find a way to settle it with them.

>>> Regards,

>>> Elvis.