[rpd] Appeal against the consensus determination on proposal AFPUB-2019-V4-003-DRAFT04 (Resource Transfer Policy)

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Thu Oct 22 15:32:09 UTC 2020

No, that doesn’t work, unless everybody agrees. That will work for an evident “grammar” problem. Then everybody will agree to have a policy proposal to amend a previous policy mistake.

But if we go for a policy proposal that has no consensus, and we for example, change the “no more legacy status after a transfer” that today we have in the intra-RIR, then it will be impossible to agree in going-back later on. Just an example, not wanting to start a new discussion on that point.

In other cases, it may work. For example, we may reach consensus now on having only inter-RIR for IPv4, and then have another policy proposal for ASN, another one for IPv6, etc., because those are separate issues (no need to agree “again” on the IPv4 part).

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet