[rpd] Appeal against the declaration of consensus on proposal Resource Transfer Policy

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Sun Oct 18 16:01:25 UTC 2020

Hi Ekaterina,

see inline below.

16/10/2020 20:33, Ekaterina Kalugina wrote:

> Dear community,

> I believe this appeal is problematic for the following reasons.

> 1.

> The compliance to the PDP and consensus determination

> 1.3 The policy discussion we had was complex and nuanced and therefore

> it was the co-chairs duty to reflect this nuance in their conclusions.

> There was no conditions imposed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> The co-chairs simply stated that if

^^^^

> some minor objections were to be addressed by the authors then the

> policy have achieved rough consensus.

I think the part after the 'if' is a condition.
I think you're contradicting yourself.

Maybe I have a problem with my English knowledge. If so, please help me
understand.

Of course after that (what I call a contradiction), I could not continue
reading the email, because I can't be sure whether you base you
arguments on "no conditions" or on "If ...".

I really hope co-chairs and all in this WG don't give too much weight to
arguments based on self-contradicting statements. The facts are there.
And of course I hope that was "professional and respectful" enough for
Lamiaa.

Regards,
Frank