[rpd] End of Last call

Ibeanusi Elvis ibeanusielvis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:53:15 UTC 2020

Dear Fernando,

Could you explain to me elaborately what you mean by “This is a mistake” and remember that this policy proposal was presented, debated on and reached a rough consensus during the PPM and moved to the Last Call stage and if you can agree, this is in accordance with the the AFRINIC CPM. Also, what do you mean by “Done by Conditioning Rough Consensus?”. At least, you agreed to that editorial changes that were made during the Last Call stage is in accordance with the CPM.

ELVIS.

> On Oct 8, 2020, at 22:41, Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Sami and also want once again to ask Co-Chairs to reconsider this decision, stick to the PDP and bring it back to discussion which has been asked by many people during the last-call phase. This is a mistake and PDP doesn't allow the Chairs conduct things in this way was done by conditioning rough consensus to changes in the text. Even though the changes during the Last-call were not just editorial changes.

> This was never seen before.

> Fernando

> On 08/10/2020 09:08, Sami Ait Ali Oulahcen via RPD wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I can't see how the "Resource Transfer Policy" could have reached consensus.

>> I think the co-chairs' prerogative is to declare consensus on policies, not general opinions. And "we need an inter-RIR transfer policy" is a general opinion, not a policy.

>> The policy in question still had objections (non-editorial) before last call. And it received significant changes during the last call period (it is not what last call is meant for).

>> Not that I have any interest in the policy itself being ratified or not. It shouldn't be done this way.

>> Just my 2c.

>> Regards,

>> Sami

>> On 10/8/20 12:30 AM, Moses Serugo wrote:

>>> Hello PDWG members,

>>> Following the last online PPM held on 16^th -17^th September 2020. Last call was announced on 21^st September 2020 for the following policy proposals.

>>> * Board Prerogatives on the PDP

>>> * Resource Transfer Policy

>>> This is to further announce that the last call period for the above proposals has ended, based on feedback received from the community and the editorial changes made by authors to address community concerns, the consensus decision from AFRINIC32 is still maintained.

>>> Co-Chairs will now send a report to the Board recommending ratification of the two above proposals in line with CPM 3.0.

>>> Regards,

>>> Co-Chairs