[rpd] Policy Proposal: PDP Working Group (WG) Guidelines and Procedures

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Oct 1 02:17:11 UTC 2020

> On Sep 3, 2020, at 5:08 AM, Marcus K. G. Adomey <madomey at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Daniel

> You stated and I will quote your previous email that;

> “In AfriNIC there is a significant distrust and selfishness within the community”

> Now, you are saying that you did not call anybody selfish, thereby changing the tune?

You can state that selfishness exists in a community without specifically accusing someone of selfishness.

> You are also stating that the “proposal for cochairs is not talking of ranked voting, but consensus” yet the proposal has both and it indicated that, if the consensus approach fails then the working group votes using the ranked based voting process also knows as IRV. The process seems clear.

Indeed, there are many possible variations of ranked choice voting and none is specified nor are the procedures for collecting and evaluating said votes mentioned in the proposal. These matters must be settled before such a proposal can be considered complete.