[rpd] RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT02

Jaco Kroon jaco at uls.co.za
Thu Sep 17 11:50:36 UTC 2020

Hi,

To further this, RPKI helps us to validate routing advertisements.  It
helps to keep all of us safer from route high-jacks, accidental or not.
Saying this policy is a bad idea is the akin to saying you support fraud.

Is it without risks?  Of course not, but the overall risks to our
network environments are much smaller with it than without.

Centralization?  As others have pointed out:  Afrinic already manages
the whois database which is being used to build IRR based routing
filters.  This proposal does not grant Afrinic any more, or less,
control that what it currently has.

Kind Regards,
Jaco