[rpd] New Proposal Received | Simple PDP Update for the new “Normal” (Draft-1)

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Sep 16 14:07:43 UTC 2020

Hi Ekaterina,

I hope previous chairs, staff and actual chairs can confirm that to you.

*The actual practice* is what I said, the chairs don’t strictly follow the PDP and also consider all what happens in the mailing list.

My proposal is making sure that the PDP is aligned with the actual practice. Otherwise, if we don’t support that, we should cancel all the previous consensus decisions!

Regarding “making this explicit is dangerous as it could open doors to potential manipulation”, this is wrong, because this will be only valid IF we count “votes”, but we use “consensus”. The chairs will only take an objection never mind *who* objected, and the value of the objection is not “how many” times you object on a specific issue, or how many people support that, but only in the basis of “is this objection true?” and “has been resolved by the authors or other folks from the community?”.

Regarding point 3.4, is nothing wrong to have competitive proposals, you need to follow the timeline. This proposal was made in 2018. I withdraw it, because other authors proposed something else. But that failed, so I proposed making the analysis impact mandatory. With the Covid-19, I decided to resubmit it. As you can see in the agenda, that proposal about the analysis impact has not been updated neither being presented, so if we have the analysis impact as mandatory as part of this proposal, and it reaches consensus, then the other one will be withdrawn by authors.

About the consensus definition, I think clearly is in the other way around (as we did in other RIRs), making a short summary of what is consensus and point to the complete RFC, helps people to understand it (even without needed to read the full RFC).

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet