[rpd] Policy Compliance Dashboard - AFPUB-2020-GEN-001-DRAFT01

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Sep 13 08:37:58 UTC 2020

Hi Greg,

We shall remember that the impact analysis is the initial interpretation from the staff, not necessarily the correct one. Sometimes, it becomes clear once the policy is presented and reach consensus, either thru new versions if there are unrefuted objections, or via editorial changes or just clarifications.

In this specific case, the proposal is not saying anything about “Any new policy proposals that will be proposed shall also indicate clearly any elements of non-compliance that shall then be incorporated in the dashboard”, because this is NOT needed.

If any text in the CPM says “you can’t do x” and you to otherwise, clearly there is a policy violation. The proposed policy indicates to the staff “please, whenever possible, try to automate that x is automatically verified”. The text is NOT saying at all “every policy should state what needs to go into the dashboard”. This is left to the operational decisions of the staff, so NO, there is no list to maintain also because in section 2, we have this “The dashboard automation will need to be accommodated along CPM evolves thru the PDP, in order to display new details.”

I hope all that is clearer?

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet