[rpd] ToR Appeal Committee Review

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Mon Aug 17 04:31:54 UTC 2020

Hi There,

Current appeal text contains below section.

/
An appeal can only be filed if it is supported by three (3) persons from
the Working Group who have participated in the discussions.
/

Can the above section of the current appeal process be removed and replaced
with.

"An appeal can only be filed if it part of the working group had already
indicated support or lack of support for the said proposal under
discussion".

OR

"An appeal can only be filed if the appellant
as part of the appeal submission provides example text from the mailing
list discussions, the working group support or lack of support for the said
proposal under discussion".

The rationale is after all each policy proposal tends to have some
significant support or lack of support from the working group up until an
appeal is submitted against the proposal by dissatisfied members of the
working group.

This is also such that a potentially biased appeals committee does not use
the excuse of 3 persons supporters condition as a loophole to throw a
potential appeal under the bus like we have witnessedin the recent past.

Cheers,
Noah