[rpd] Policy Development Process and Elections

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sat Aug 15 22:28:50 UTC 2020

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020, 01:06 Dewole Ajao via RPD, <rpd at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Since the Board has claimed responsibility for the conduct of PDWG

> elections, then I would say it will be irresponsible of this Board to let

> elections hold under these conditions with the guise of "preserving this

> right so that no one who has recently subscribed to the rpd mail list will

> be debarred and/or ‘disenfranchised’ from participating in the Policy

> Development Process."

Dont underestimate the power of some words. I have recently read emails on
this list where folks where tossing around the persuasive word commonly
associated with elections "disenfranchised".

The roles are often voluntary and sometimes I wonder if folk actually give
a damn beyond just elections.

Is the new found spirit to serve real?

Noah