[rpd] agenda time for the next meeting for the topic "appeal committee terms of reference are contrary to the PDP"

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Aug 9 08:40:33 UTC 2020

Dear co-chairs, all,

As we are approaching to the next meeting, and as a consequence of the last appeal situation, I will like to ask some agenda time to discuss this key topic ("appeal committee terms of reference are contrary to the PDP").

In my opinion, and as confirmed by other PDWG members during the last months, the procedure that the appeal committee is using is broken and in fact it is against the PDP, as it is discriminating authors vs the rest of the PDWG members.

After re-reading the terms of reference, once more, I've found other interesting wording that doesn't makes any sense to me.

I could support the Board, as responsible to select the appeals committee members, to define their own procedure to do so (even if I think that ideally this should also be part of the PDP, but we don't have this now at the time being).

However, it is not acceptable that the terms of reference restrict the rights of the PDWG members set by the PDP, or the way the appeals should be handled.

If there is some interpretation problem in the PDP, we should fix it *AT the PDP*. This is the only way acceptable, not by "terms of reference" that aren't part of the PDP, and consequently can't be used to arbitrarily modify the PDP against the sovereignty of the community.

So, I will ask to have 10 minutes for a short presentation and some additional open discussion time, so the PDWG can take a decision regarding this situation.

This is a key topic and must have *top priority* in our agenda, as otherwise, we are bound to possible new appeal situations that are against our own law: the PDP. That will mean that the community is undefended, in a situation completely against the ICP-2 provisions that allowed to setup AFRINIC, as no longer there is a real bottom-up self-governance approach.

Please, confirm urgently that you can accommodate this time.

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet

IPv4 is over