[rpd] (no subject)

Benjamin Investor investor0189 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:55:54 UTC 2020

Dear CEO,
Thank you for the email and the wonderful job you have been doing since
appointed. However regarding your email, I totally disagree with you based
on the following
1. The guiding book of PDWG is the CPM and not the CEO's decision.
2. The CPM is clear on who is a member of the PDWG. The CPM states clearly
that Any person who has joined the making list is a member of if the
working group.
3. The CPM is also clear the chair is elected by members of the working
group.
4. There is no where in the CPM where there is a 6 months rule on voting
therefore the rule cannot be created now. You cannot change the goalpost at
the middle of the game. The election guideline issues at the time of
nomination process is very clear as to how the election would take place.
This is by shoe of hand. Show of hand can also be done online
5. How can the AFRNIC determine that the increase in mailing list is
because of elections. We all know that as a result of COVID 19 everyone is
now moving online are you saying we would not deny this people the option
to vote? We definitely cannot do that. For example I have been on the
mailing list in the past and I opted out because of all the confusing and
abuse always happening and I joined back again last week are you now going
to deny me and others like me the opportunity to vote? This seams like an
attempt by AFRINIC to rig the election in favour of the some groups.
6. You made reference to other RIR can you please mention one RIR that has
the 6 months rule in place before Thier online election. ?
7. I think AFRINIC needs to be careful. AFRINIC staff is expected to be
neutral in all cases and if Afrinic staff are now judging new members as to
Thier motive of joining the WG this is not ideal.
Thank you