[rpd] Policy Impact

Sylvain BAYA abscoco at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:27:48 UTC 2020

Dear RPD-ers,

Hope you are well here !

Le 26/05/2020 à 21:34, Mike Silber a écrit :

> Thanks Anthony

> [...]

> However there may be some useful learning from this incident and the

> need for new policies, revision to existing policies or better

> enforcement of policies.

Thanks for this lightening talk, dear Mike.

There is always something to peak-in, i tend to believe...

...someone said: in bad situations, there is at least something good
lesson to learn.

> [...]

> Can someone please extrapolate from this regrettable incident what

> *policy* changes (or implementation changes) are required? If possible

> with some analysis of whether the consequences thereof are justified

> to prevent the harm being sought to be addressed.

IMHO, i would have expect this to coming from PDWG's Chairs !

But, note that it's a free advice, not a blame of any kind...

...i'm not too much experienced, in these IP resource Policy matters,
but i think that the Policy Manual can not well evolve without a BCOP
active community, and without Policy Community members who are able to
find how day to day IP related issues can be leveraged to enhance the CPM.

...sincerely, we need to start to really think how to teaming a bit more
in this community.

Shalom,

--sb.

--