[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Cloud Innovation Displays Very Poor, If Not Criminal, Netizenship

Murungi Daniel dmurungi at wia.co.tz
Mon May 25 13:13:34 UTC 2020

Dear Nishal,

I strongly disagree with you.

Getting 10 shinny crisp 100 $ bills should not render the 5 used 50 $ bills in one's pocket useless. If this happens that means the holder did not really value the 50 $ bills in the first place.

Keep in mind, it's Sir Isaac Newton’s theories on gravity (from the 1600s) that we still use to put satellites in orbit (flawed as they may be). Not Einstein’s new super cool bombastic theories of general relativity and quantum mechanics. Great as they may be, the old stuff still works great.

Although IPV6 has clear advantages over IPV4, this does not negate the fact that IPV4 is still useful. Much as we all wish everyone would migrate to IPV6, IPV4 is still with us for the foreseeable future.

As such, it is the responsibility of the entire AFRINIC community to ensure that the available IPV4 resources are not wasted, abused or undermined, but instead protected and used to slingshot Africa to new heights of technology adoption.

Regards,
Daniel