[rpd] PDP issues because the lack of the confirmation of dates for the new PPM

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Thu May 7 18:40:35 UTC 2020

Dear Jordi,
At 08:42 AM 07-05-2020, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

>I just saw your email from 6th, not any email from 5th, so I may be

>missing something? I just replied to it.

I forgot to adjust for UTC.

>Sorry having taken an extra day to respond. I've faced a big UDP 53

>filtering problem from our provider, so everything has been a bit

>crazy for a couple of days.

I mentioned it in case there was a mail delivery issue. Although I
am curious about the UDP issue, I won't ask more about that as it is
related to DNS.

>We are also under confinement in Spain. If you can work remotely you

>must. Most of the shops can only start opening by next Monday, and

>with some restrictions, in a progressive way. Restaurants and so on

>will only be able to open with 50% occupancy for the next 4 weeks or so.

Over here, people are allowed to shop for groceries twice a
week. There are a few restaurants which offer online delivery
services. The restrictions will be gradually lifted. As a comment
on working remotely, I would say that it depends on other people or
whether the work requires physical presence.

>I understand that the exact logistics aren't directly handled by the

>board. However, unless I'm wrong, the board is taking the decisions

>about the Covid-19 situation in order to agree or not to have an

>in-person meeting or on-line one, etc.

>So that was part of my point.

Formal meetings, e.g. annual general meeting, are governed by legal
requirements. There was a news report in a local newspaper which is
related to that. It looks like you are taking a public policy
meeting and an annual general members' meeting as one meeting. From
what I remember, the public policy meeting was not mentioned in the
request which I made to the court in 2019. A board takes decisions
through board resolutions. There isn't any resolution related to
COVID-19. I read a local newspaper as I find it useful to be
informed about the public health issue. If I am not mistaken, there
is a 14-day quarantine for anyone coming into the country.

>Also, the other part is because I understand that the board is at

>the end responsible for the committees, including the appeal one,

>and as explained I think there is a clear violation of the PDP.

>Co-chairs didn't respond previously to that matter, so I think the

>only chance we have is to escalate it.

The Appeal Committee responded to the appeal which it received and
published its findings. I gather that you know that I am aware that
the document does not say anything about escalation. I'll put in a
request at the next Board meeting and mention the information which
you provided.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy