[rpd] [afnog] AIS 2020 - POSTPONEMENT

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Mar 18 21:52:43 UTC 2020

Hi Sami,

(moved the discussion to the right place)

The problem I see is that the PDP doesn’t allow a virtual PDWG plenary:

“3.3 The Policy Development Working Group (PDWG)

The Policy Development Working Group (PDWG) discusses the proposals. Anyone may participate via the Internet or in person. PDWG work is carried out through the Resource Policy Discussion mailing list (rpd at afrinic.net) and the bi-annual AFRINIC Public Policy Meetings (PPM). Any person, participating either in person or remotely, is considered to be part of the Policy Development Working Group.”

We may “trick” it by making an AFRINIC Public Policy Meeting, for example in the AFRINIC office if it can host “some in person participants”(possibly the co-chairs at a minimum, I will suggest also the proposal co-authors) and then all the others remotely.

The main problem is if we have a sufficiently good system to allow remote participation for hundreds of people, allow the co-chairs to manage the discussions and then gauge consensus.

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet