[rpd] IOF

Benjamin Eshun benjamin.eshun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:15:36 UTC 2020

1- OIF has been a supporter of Afrinic since day0, even when some were
calling Afrinic "vaporware"

https://www.afrinic.net/ast/pdf/meetings/reports/afrinic1.pdf

https://afrinic.net/fr/gouvernance/conseil-administration/reunions-conseil-administration/reunions-conseil-administration-2004

https://afrinic.net/ast/pdf/afrinic-10years-ab-sept-2015.pdf

2-OIF has never been a resource member but an associate member

There is no personal or direct interest in policies adopted through PDP for
OIF. There is no conflict of interest and therefore no risk with OIF
fellowship.

3- until the agreement between Afrinic and OIF fellowship was revoked,
AFRINIC organised logistics for OIF fellows. AFRINIC can confirm that
fellows never signed any contract, they were not provided any policy briefs
documents and were not rewarded financially per performance

OIF = Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie.
https://www.francophonie.org/
Want to know what OIF does in relation to ICT:
https://www.francophonie.org/sites/default/files/2019-09/rapport-2018-etat-francophonie-numerique.pdf

Please let’s focus on resolving the issues on the table instead of
dragging others to try to cover the mess.

regards,

Benjamin