[rpd] Larus foundation and Afrinic PDP

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Feb 19 21:43:10 UTC 2020

> On Feb 19, 2020, at 06:20 , Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 10:07 AM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:

>> On Feb 17, 2020, at 21:47 , Omo Oaiya <Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net <mailto:Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net>> wrote:

>>> On 14 Feb 2020, at 21:13, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:

>>> I can’t speak for the foundation, but my best guess is they chose not to engage to avoid dignifying the accusations.

>> --

>>> On 17 Feb 2020, at 21:03, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:

>>> It is not the goal or intent of Larus foundation to undermine anything. We are, exactly as Daniel said, providing opportunities for more Africans to participate in the AfriNIC process.

>> Owen,

>> I might have missed a mail somewhere. Do you also work for Larus foundation?

>> The Larus terms and conditions for its fellowship are clearly suspect and indefensible especially after recent experiences. If you work for them and are towing the company line, I’d understand that you are singing to the tune of your paymaster. If not, it seems that you may have become part of the problem in worse ways than one can imagine.

> I do a small amount of consulting for Larus Foundation.

> Ok now that this is clear, I now understand why you have been defending this conjob.

Noah,

Is it impossible for you to carry on a discussion without ad hominem attacks and libelous speech?

> The consulting I do there is primarily aimed at keeping the fellowship program open, transparent, and community oriented. Amusingly, my efforts are aimed at ensuring that it does not become what it is accused of being.

> It is already what it is being accused of being but you are already conflicted and biased to see it. We have the so called "African Youths" being paid USD500 in return for services rendered. The service that according to previously published documents on list and other sources clearly goes to undermine the policy development process and essentially AfriNIC.....

Please show where and in which documents it “undermines the policy development process and essentially AfriNIC”.

You continue to make these baseless allegations without offering any proof or evidence. As if you think that continuing to repeat the same lies over and over somehow makes them more true.

While I do understand the psychological effect that lies repeated often enough tend to embed in peoples brains as fact, that becomes far less effective when repeated calls for evidence to back up the allegations go unanswered as is the case here.

> If you are not seeing what is happening then its unfortunate…..

Time will tell. In the meantime, can we focus on evidence, fact, and a collegial debate of the actual issues without resorting to ad hominem and character assassination?

Thanks,